IPIRTI is a society registered under the Karnataka Societies Registration Act and is an autonomous organization of the Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Government of India mandated to develop alternatives to wood. The Union Minister for Environment and Forests is the ex-officio President of the Society. Members of the Society includes Secretary’s of Ministry of Environment & Forests, Ministry of Industry and Inspector General of Forests, Government of India, Member industries and member organizations. At policy level the management is looked after by a Board of Governors Chaired by the Secretary, Ministry of Environment & Forests, Government of India.
Membership of the Institute is open to Forest Corporations, Forest (Wood & other ligno-cellulosic material) based industries and Associations on payment of contribution as applicable from time to time. The prevailing rates are given below.
Fee structure for becoming a member of IPIRTI
Life membership of two categories (i) Honorary membership to individuals for their valuable contribution, by invitation from the institute, (ii) Life membership for the corporate sector through application on payment – (a) Rs.1,20,000/- for SSI scale units and (b) Rs.2,40,000/- for Medium and Large scale units.
The payment of Life membership amount can be in four equal instalments (half-yearly).
|Sl No.||Membership Category||Membership Fee|
|1||Member* - manufacturers of panels from wood and other lignocellulosic materials.||
S.S.I. Units Rs.12,000/- per year
|2||Associate Member – other manufacturers like machinery, resins and chemicals, etc.||Rs.6,000/- per year|
*A member is eligible to participate and vote in annual general body meeting; be nominated to the Board of Governors and various committees of the Institute.
IPIRTI services to member industries:
- Technical support services related to processing and production of plywood in the form of Telephonic advice or direct contact, through correspondence, through visit to factories, etc., are provided.
- Concession to member firms in testing and training fees.
- Provide solutions to common problems of the industries and their needs through regional workshops/meetings. A free visit to the member firms in the region will be made after the workshop by a group of scientists to solve their floor level problems.
- Arranging Training and Education for the candidates sponsored by the factories through regular short term vocational courses as well as specially conducted courses as per the request of sponsors.
- Preference in providing well educated and trained production workforce to the plywood and panel industries through One year Post Graduate Diploma Course.
- IPIRTI product certification only to member firms.
- Focus will be given to problems and needs of the industries in IPIRTI R&D projects.
- Formulation of specifications for the new products developed by the industry and issue of draft amendments to existing standards.
- Highlight the problems of the industry at Ministry/Government level.
- Undertaking sponsored projects given by the factory for their process and product development.
- Enlighten the Members as well as non-Members from the Wood and Wood-based Industries regarding the significant achievements and other important events conducted in the Institute during the quarter, as well as research and training planned for the following quarter, through Quarterly IPIRTI News.
- The references of the selected articles on wood and wood products chosen from a wide range of National/International Journals which are of interest to the user groups are provided as “Wood Products Research Update” through email service. (email ID to be provided by the interested users). In addition, direct web links have also been provided for more detailed information.
(e-mail ID to be provided by the interested users). In addition, direct web links have also been provided for more detailed information.